Thursday, August 9, 2012

No pithy title here, I'm too confused.


That fat old bastard is dead now. He's dead and I should feel bad but I don't because he was a pathetic waste of flesh. I had enough with his stupid lewd remarks and I snapped back at him. He grabbed me and started to shake, his face turning red and spewing crumbs in my face.  I was like a little broken doll in his hands until it came back. 
You don't have to take this from him, Penny.
The pressure built up, and he let me go to grab his head. Blood dripped from his nose and his ears. I could feel that presence behind me and before I knew what I was doing I reached up and brushed my finger over his forehead. I drew the symbol from the note. The Doctor's symbol.  (Hi, Doc) 

That was all, but he collapsed onto the floor. Twitching and spasming in the throes of a grand mal seizure. I ran for the phone and called 911, but by the time the ambulance got there he was barely breathing. I rode with him to the hospital, but after a couple of hours the doctor came and told me that he was gone.

I don't know if he has any family to contact. He seemed like the kind of person who never had any friends, just folks he saw often and talked at because they were too polite to walk away.

Now get ready for the freak-out.

I killed a guy. I can't explain how I did it, but the whispers at the corner of my mind told me to draw that symbol and I used it to kill a guy. It's related to the seizures somehow, that inhuman presence that comes every time I feel that terrible pressure.

Has constant exposure to bleach given me super powers?

That's dumb. Sorry. Sorry, I just, the whole black humor thing. Not one of my better qualities.

Chore wants my help again later today. I'm going to charge him double. Hopefully I can replace the income lost from Randy's death. God, that sounds bad. I'm a terrible person. I'm really hoping this thing isn't a Midas Touch bit. I don't want to kill Chore's patient, he does a fine job of that on his own.  Is it bad that I'm hoping It shows up again?  Every time It does, I feel one step closer to figuring out what the hell is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment