Sunday, August 12, 2012

Helping Hand

Ever since I broke his nose, Chore has stayed inside.  I haven't seen him answer the door, not even for the injured people who come to see him.

He left his stupid doctor's bag over here.  So I've been helping them.  And while I'm helping, I'm experimenting.  Drawing the disease from one.  Pushing it into another.  Brain tumors.  Pancreatic cancer.  Lyme disease.

Nothing immediate, though.  I don't want to have to get rid of the body.  I've been really lucky that no one's come around asking questions about the guy from Thursday.  Thursday?  Wednesday?  I've lost my routine.  The days blur into each other now.  It seems strange that it's only been a month since the Doctor started talking to me.  (Hi, Doc.)  I feel like I've been under Its care for a lifetime.

4 comments:

  1. I stopped by a man's house after hearing through the underground that someone might be able to help me with a blood transfusion. When there was no answer, I didn't stay; I thought he was out, and didn't have time to waste.

    Suddenly, I'm glad I didn't look to you as an alternative.

    - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was passing through this town and I heard you thinking about this stuff (don't ask me what that means). It's none of my business, but please don't kill anyone.


    -Isaac O'Zalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, one of my contacts just phoned me and told me a story I couldn't quite believe until I read this post. They said that there was a regular doctor that helped runners, but when they went today (they twisted their ankle) the guy wasn't there anymore.

    Instead, there was a woman. And the woman did something that completely healed their ankle.

    Yeah, like I said, I didn't believe it at first. I chalked it up to the ankle not actually being twisted or painkillers dulling the pain a lot.

    But then I found this post. And I just have to say: are you shitting me? Taking away diseases, fine, that's helping. But giving them to people? Do you want to hurt people? Because you don't sound like a Mad Doctor or Night Surgeon or whatever the fuck they are called, but you don't sound sane anymore.

    I'm going to tell all my contacts to stay the fuck away from you. Even if you can heal them, it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was traveling with some people who had strange symbols on their heads. After questioning, they pointed me in your direction.

    Yeah, this is dangerous. There are so many ways the good luck can go sharply south here.

    ReplyDelete