Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pride

Dammit.  Was helping clean Mrs. K's place yesterday and my stomach growled loud enough it probably woke the neighborhood.  I left soon after even though I didn't have to work.  Just wrapped up in a blanket and tried to force myself into hibernation so I could go the rest of the night without eating.  Then I went to visit today before work and she's shoving a casserole in my hands.

Even if she could afford to make me food every day, I still can't accept that.  I'm not going to live off of hand-outs.  My entire focus has been on getting back on my own two feet.  How am I supposed to do that if I'm relying on people to take care of me?

The answer is that I'm not.  I'm thankful for the gift, but I have to fix this job situation, and fast.  I'm going to have to go out job hunting again instead of visiting with Mrs. K. 

It's just a small hiccup, that's all.  I can get through this.  I really hope I don't have any more of those...seizure things while I'm out.  And the last time I was really out in public, there was the whole thing with the birds and the mall-walker guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment