Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Old Lady in 1G

I met one of my neighbors today down in the laundry room.  She was one of those Old World women, the ones who talk about the Mother Land and wear a babushka tied under their chin.  She was really sweet, showed me pictures of her grandchildren.  She invited me over for dinner any time, said her husband died years ago but she still cooks for two. 

Doc would say I should do it, I'm sure.  (Hi, Doc.)  That I need to break out of my comfort zone.  I usually have a problem with eating at other people's houses (97% of females say they wash their hands after using the restroom.  Only 75% do.)  On the other hand, I could offer to help cook.  That way I can make sure she's not slipping anything into my food.  On purpose or accidentally.

I made sure to put on a sweater fresh from the dryer before I entered the apartment.  That warm feeling is just about the best thing ever.

I haven't been outside since that thing in the park on Friday.  Obviously I was just making it all up.  There's no way I should have been able to hear that guy's music.  My next appointment with the Doc is on Tuesday (Hi, Doc) I'll talk with him about it then.  Until then, I think I'm going to stay inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment